The Program Specialist will work independently in the field to complete free health and safety home repairs for our low-income seniors, Veterans and individuals with disabilities throughout Southern Nevada. They will work to complete home assessments and develop scopes of work with program staff. They will provide excellent customer service and build trust with clients in a respectful and culturally competent manner. The position will require a demonstrated ability and continuous effort to improve operations, decrease project turnaround time, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively with staff, subcontractors, volunteers, clients, and community partners.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Completes home assessments and determines scopes of work with Project Manager.
- Plans all phases of rehab process including scheduling, and labor and material needs with
- Project Manager’s support.
- Completes a variety of home repair projects including, but not limited to, carpentry, plumbing, basic electrical, basic home maintenance, safety aid installation and painting.
- Ensures all work is completed safely, efficiently, and according to code. Reports unsafe or hazardous conditions.
- Maintains work areas in a clean, professional manner.
- Uses lead‐safe work practices.
- Ensures high client satisfaction rates.
- Assists with all aspects of community event planning, implementation, supervision, and wrap‐up.
- Maintains complete records in our CRM system of client info, repair work, mileage, project costs, and time as specified by Project Manager.
- Maintains and securely stores program materials, supplies, tools and equipment inventory.
- Anticipates and identifies client needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Serves as ambassador for RTSNV in the community.
- Encourages client word of mouth referrals.
- Participates in canvassing projects.
- Attends RTSNV‐hosted events.
Specific Job Skills:
This position requires residential rehab project coordination experience as well as demonstrated trades skills in carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical, general home maintenance, and power and hand tool safety. A knowledge base in building codes and the permit process is essential, as well as the ability to be bonded. The project specialist must be flexible and reliable, and able to multitask with several projects simultaneously. They will be required to work independently and must be able to complete tasks on time. They must possess excellent verbal and interpersonal skills—able to communicate effectively and build trust with diverse clients, in a respectful and culturally competent manner both on the phone, in writing, and in person. Must also have a current valid driver’s license. Bilingual in Spanish is a bonus. Computer literacy is a must.
Requires use of a variety of hand and power tools, chemicals and paints. Requires periods of walking, standing, stooping, working in confined spaces or heights, and lifting or moving objects weighing up to 60 pounds on a regular basis; 100 pounds on an irregular basis. The Program Specialist works weekdays during regular business hours, and occasionally on evenings and weekends as needed to staff outreach events and RTSNV‐hosted community workdays. Regular attendance is required in accordance with a regular schedule established for the position by the Project Manager. Must be able to pass a background check.
This is a full-time position paying between $18 and $25 an hour (DOE). Paid time off, medical, dental and vision, 401k matching, as well as company vehicle.
Non-Discrimination and Equal Opportunity Policy:
Purpose: to strictly follow personnel procedures that will ensure equal opportunity for all people without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, ancestry, national or ethnic origin, marital status, disability, veteran or draft status.
Rebuilding Together Southern Nevada (RTSNV) maintains a policy of nondiscrimination for all persons seeking access to services, employment, or volunteer opportunities at RTSNV or member agencies’ RTSNV-funded programs. RTSNV and its member agencies’ RTSNV programs shall not discriminate against a current or potential client, applicant, employee, member, volunteer or participant on the basis of any legally prohibited classification. RTSNV is firmly committed to the policy of affording equal participation to all persons in the services funded by RTSNV and to equal opportunities for employees, volunteers, and applicants for employment and volunteer positions within RTSNV and the programs it funds. Waivers to this policy of nondiscrimination must be requested in writing, conform to the current compliance criteria, and be reviewed and accepted by RTSNV’s Board of Directors Member agency status and/or funding by RTSNV is contingent upon continual compliance with the nondiscrimination policy.